Full or partial site to site tunnel with non Meraki VPN

SOLVED
ID
Conversationalist

Full or partial site to site tunnel with non Meraki VPN

I am trying to create a tunnel between a Meraki MX84 and a Cisco ASA 5510 which contains 3 different subnets, e.g a 10.0.0.0, 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0.  The tunnel seems to come up fine but only the 10 network actually works.

Can anyone think of something i might have missed?  Or something thats weird in the way Meraki Deals with multiple subnet VPNs that i may have missed?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ID
Conversationalist

I worked it out.  I had missed a NAT exemption rule on the ASA.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nealgs
Building a reputation

In the settings for the VPN on the MX84, under the section VPN settings/Local networks, are the 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 networks listed?

I've just setup something similar but to a ASA 5525 and only with 1 subnet.  I'd expect any other subnets to therefore appear under the above VPN settings/local networks section and give you the option to Use VPN or not.

rgds

Gary

ID
Conversationalist

Thanks for the reply,

Sorry i should have said that the subnets are all at the ASA end.  The Meraki just has a single subnet.

nealgs
Building a reputation

what does a tracert show from ASA side 192.168.x.0 to the MX84 side?

Is the ASA side set to route those subnets over vpn?

ID
Conversationalist

I worked it out.  I had missed a NAT exemption rule on the ASA.

Thanks for the help.

nealgs
Building a reputation

great stuff - thanks for letting us know the outcome 🙂

Gary

DangItCarl
Comes here often

Hey I am stuck trying to get a Z1 to talk to my 5508 The 5508 wants a static ip (I think) for the peer but the Z1 is on a home DSL with DHCP.

Any pointers?
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels