Forwarding web traffic to proxy

GregD
Here to help

Forwarding web traffic to proxy

Good day everyone 🙂

Like many organizations, we have several workers at home using teleworker gateways.  We have the content filtering set up on the head-end appliance, so that's working as expected.  However, when users are normally in the office their traffic goes through an Ironport WSA for reporting further up the chain.  Is there an easy way to send web traffic to this WSA from the head-end appliance?  My searches have found that the security appliances don't support WCCP but I was wondering if there's an easy way to accomplish what I'm after.

2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, sadly there is no WCCP. Is your L3-switch also Meraki? If it's a "traditional" Catalyst, that one could support WCCP.

Although not optimal, you could use WPAD-files and provide the location of the files through DNS.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Instead of levering a "legacy" on-site proxy, you could take a look at current SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) offerings like Umbrella.

The integration with Umbrella provides you with DNS security and cloud-based firewalling- / proxy-capabilities without having to backhaul traffic from other locations or even VPN clients. Therefore, it doesn't matter where your endpoints are located, be it sitting ion your HQ or at a nice beach somewhere in the world.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels