Flow Preferences Not Working

SOLVED
ROCO
Here to help

Flow Preferences Not Working

I have our MX set up to send all Guest Traffic (10.0.0.0/8) configured to travel over WAN1. This worked until recently. Nothing has changed. Now all the Guest Traffic travels over WAN2. Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Why are you using 10.0.0.0/8 as a selection criterium?
Could it possibly be that you are using NAT mode in your guest WiFi?  Do remember in that case your traffic is being source NAT'ed to the IP of the AP which possibly puts your traffic back with the rest of your network?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How are you testing it?

ICMP traffic is not subject to traffic shaping rules. As a result, Flow Preference will have no impact on ICMP traffic.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Using whatismyip.com while connected to the guest network

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you share your configuration?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 8.21.07 AM.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You're probably running version 17.10.2, have you tested it with another version? I think you have to open a support case.

We are on 17.10.2. No, I have not tried another version. I do have an open support case at the moment. Waiting to hear back from the support engineer. Thank you.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Why are you using 10.0.0.0/8 as a selection criterium?
Could it possibly be that you are using NAT mode in your guest WiFi?  Do remember in that case your traffic is being source NAT'ed to the IP of the AP which possibly puts your traffic back with the rest of your network?

ROCO
Here to help

Thank you. This has solved our issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels