Flow Preference to a non-internet WAN port

SOLVED
Warpedisc
New here

Flow Preference to a non-internet WAN port

Hi

Is it possible to use Flow Preference out a WAN interface that does not touch the internet? Basically I am attempting to NAT traffic destined for a specific IP and Port out the WAN 2 interface on a MX68. The WAN 2 interface will connect to an internal network where a server lives but internet access out this interface will be unavailable.

I can explain further if needed. Any help will be much appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

WAN ports must be connected to Internet. They will not forward traffic if they do not have a path to the Internet. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

WAN ports must be connected to Internet. They will not forward traffic if they do not have a path to the Internet. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@jdsilva is right.  Without a path to the Internet the WAN port will be considered to have failed, and the path made unavailable.

Have you considered created a extra VLAN interface and routing via that?

Are you suggesting to setup a VLAN on one of the MX68 LAN interfaces? I need to be able NAT the traffic because its touching another organizations network. Since they may be using the same private subnets I am or have summarized routes I need to make sure I don't interfere with them. I am open to your suggestions though, I run into this type of situation pretty regularly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels