cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall Objects

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Firewall Objects

There is now a beta you can request to go onto via support that enables firewall objects for use in ACLs.  Objects can contain groups of other objects.

For some people this will make their firewall rules much simpler.

10 REPLIES 10
cmr
A model citizen

Re: Firewall Objects

Wow, I didn't realise that could you not do that before!  We do only use MXs for SD-WAN or public internet access so never needed it, but for a corporate firewall that will make a big difference 🙂

Building a reputation

That's awesome! Is that going to be released with the 15.x branch?
Getting noticed

We have been waiting for this ever since migrating from Cisco ASAs!
CMNO, CCNA R+S
Kind of a big deal

Hah! I was wondering if this was coming along. In Cisco Defense Orchestrator, you can use objects with Meraki L3 firewall, but there I think it's just an overlay.

@PhilipDAth Does one have to be on 15.x or is it available on 14.x? Do you know? Thank you.

Kind of a big deal

According to the Meraki Quarterly, you do not need any specific version of firmware, you just have to have it enabled to use it.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Here to help

I opened a ticket with support and they said that I needed to reach out to my Meraki representative instead.  I reached out to her and she said that she doesn't have this kind of access and will need to ask around.  It sounds like they are not quite sure how to turn it on yet.  I'm pretty excited for this feature.  I watched the Q&A section and they said that the feature is in the dashboard and that there isn't a firmware requirement on the MX.

Kind of a big deal

You are not the first to have that issue.

It sounds like there is some miscommunication between internal teams then.

Adding @MeredithW  so she can investigate 😃

TwitterLinkedIn
Kind of a big deal

@NolanHerring wrote:

You are not the first to have that issue.

Nope 😄

Meraki Employee

Hello All,

Firewall Objects is not yet Public Beta. It currently an internal Beta. We are currently putting finishing touches to the feature and working on documentation before roll out. The feature will be public beta before or latest January 2020.

Thank you.

Kind of a big deal

Thank you for the update and clarification 😃
TwitterLinkedIn
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.