FIle transfer speed limit over Anyconnect Client VPN on MX68--320KB/s?

JTG83
New here

FIle transfer speed limit over Anyconnect Client VPN on MX68--320KB/s?

We are using the Meraki MX68 as a management network and transferring to some Cisco Nexus 9k switches last week, we were only able to upload at 320KB/s on each unit. We could do multiple units at a time but the speed limit seemed to be set per stream.  This is over Cisco Secure Client and SFTP and HTTP transfers.

I thought it might be a limit on the Nexus side but now our F5 engineer is having the same issue. This is happening at two different sites.

The MX68W are connected at 1gbps to a router with a 10gbps internet connection with nothing else in production yet. The links to the management ports on our devices are via a pair of MS-425 and MS-250 switches also uplinking at 1gbps.

Current version: MX 18.107.2

Dashboard throughput test from the MX68 showed 564mbps so it does not seem to be on the upstream router or ISP side.

JTG83_0-1717179707690.png

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure if this also applies to the VPN client, but the maximum VPN throughput is 200Mbps, so in my opinion it makes sense.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
JTG83
New here

200mbps is a far cry from 2560kbps (320KB/s) and it's not per VPN client, but per stream. So I had multiple 2560kbps streams going from my client to the devices.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's certainly far away, what I'm talking about is having a limit.

I would open a support case instead.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would upgrade to 18.107.10, 18.107.2 had performance issues for us.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels