Explain license co-term meraki

QuyLe
Conversationalist

Explain license co-term meraki

I have read the description of Renew my Dashboard license (Renewal) according to the attached link. Before it was 364 days, but after adding the license we have 411 days, adding 48 days. How to calculate 48 days, can you explain in detail?

Thanks

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_-_License_More_De...

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@QuyLe in the co-term model there is one consistent end date for every device in the organisation. Each licence counts as a number of 'points' and when you add them up you get the end date.

For example: Org has one wireless AP with 6 months left and adds one more wireless AP

6 months + 12 months = 18 months.  18 months / 2 devices = 9 months each

If the end point was the end of December 2022, it would now be the end of March 2023.

Different devices add more or less 'points'

QuyLe
Conversationalist

I understand what you say, but I can't understand for example Renew my Dashboard license (Renewal)  in the attached link. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@QuyLe I looked at the documentation in the link and you are absolutely right, it is very confusing!  It is two different networks (the before and after), the "renewed" one has an MS225 and an MX400 in place of the MS120 in the before.  A one year renewal would actually show an end date simply going 1 year forward.  I'll report the issue with the documentation.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It's showing what happens when you apply a renewal that doesn't contain the devices previously licensed. The renewal key shown has: MS225-48, MX100, MX400, MR. Applying that as a renewal will result in eliminating the MS200-8P in the before picture.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels