Experience using Meraki Objects and Groups - BETA

SOLVED
StevenEarl
Here to help

Experience using Meraki Objects and Groups - BETA

I just enabled the BETA groups and object option under Organization --> Network Objects. Has anyone else started using this feature in production and if so, what is your experience? We are rolling out a Meraki-SD WAN solution to over a dozen locations and I don't really want to enter IP addresses dozens of times on multiple lines - especially when a group would make it easier.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I use the objects for some time and did not have any problems with them. But every time I enable the feature for a customer I have a bad feeling because to the "beta".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I use the objects for some time and did not have any problems with them. But every time I enable the feature for a customer I have a bad feeling because to the "beta".

Thanks for the reply and yes BETA makes me a tad nervous.

StevenEarl
Here to help

Word of warning! I am setting up a new SD-WAN using the MX appliances. I enabled the groups and thought this was great. I get to save lots of typing and make it more readable.

Well then I have several MX appliances setup with just IP addresses and a couple with groups. Everything was working fine - until I deleted an object under Organization --> Network Objects. I then went to the firewall on a MX I was setting up. I have made a number of rules and saved without issues - until I tried to replace one object with the newly created one. When I went to add another route and came back to the firewall rules - they were all gone and back to the allow all rule.

I checked other MX appliances I was setting up - the ones with IP addresses used in configuration were fine. the ones with objects were not.

So enable objects carefully!

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you open a case for that? This bug is quite severe and hopefully gets fixed fast when Meraki is aware of this.

I opened a case with Meraki. What was happening was I was not getting the blue button that says FINISH EDITING.

If I created a rule the button was not showing up. Working with TAC we found that if I went to the page and then refreshed the page the button showed up but for new sites with new rules I was having an issue.

After trying Firefox I did not have the same issue. Chrome was not always giving me the button. could have been my security settings.

So - be sure you get the FINISH EDITING button - and then click on save.

I am going to try again with objects. Otherwise too many IP addresses to have to type in.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels