Easy Way To Change Content Filtering On 400+ Networks

sauvesean
Here to help

Easy Way To Change Content Filtering On 400+ Networks

Good morning,

I have over 400 networks in my organization and need the ability to update the content filtering settings 'en masse.'  For instance, we currently need to add a single website as a whitelist pattern to every network.

Templates do not work well for my organization as they require a network to take all of the templates settings.  Our settings are too diverse between our networks to overwrite all areas of settings. 

I have written API code to modify what the API can reach, but content filtering is not accessible over the API.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Markus
Here to help

Hi,

unfortunately the conten filters can not be changed by the API.

At least I could not find any API calls for this when I was trying to do it some moths ago.

The only option you have to change them all together, is using a template for these networks or config sync.

Config Sync only works if it is an appliance network and not a combined one.

Config Sync isn't reasonable either for a product that bills itself as a 'single pane of glass'; we have many combined networks.

Maicon_Vieira
Here to help

Can't you create some templates and than attach the matching devices to those templates? Or they are totally different?

I mean, we have over 500 networks and they fill 5 templates.

Unfortunately, all-encompassing templates without options to override sections or settings are not realistic in my environment.  I'd love the templates if one could override a particular page of settings, or individual settings.  In particular, the fact that the template prevents one from choosing your own subnets and masks is the fatal flaw for me.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels