Device logs

ScotherP
Just browsing

Device logs

I have a MX100 that is for some reason not working/seems to be freezing. And i have to reboot to get it working again.

Now i want to know what's causing it to freeze but seems cannot find any event logs for it.

can someone help..

5 Replies 5
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @ScotherP  If the MX100 seems to be freezing like you described and nothing is being indicated in the event logs under Network Wide > Monitor > Event Log, and there's no other reason for it to be dropping offline (like a firewall or an ISP issue or whatever upstream) then I'd say the next step is to open a case right away with Meraki Support.  They will be able to triage the unit from the back-end and determine if it needs an RMA.

@ScotherP  When it freezes is the device still showing as being online in the dashboard?

When it freezes next can you call support and see if they can see and access device logs?

Also does the local interface on the device still work?

@BlakeRichardson 

When it freezes is the device still showing as being online in the dashboard? - No, its showing offline

When it freezes next can you call support and see if they can see and access device logs? will call support before rebooting if it happens next time

Also does the local interface on the device still work? No, local interfaces also not working

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What does the local status page say when it is "frozen"?

RomanMD
Building a reputation

Had the same problem with MX450. 

The device showed to be offline. There were no problems with Internet or something else, since the Spare device was on the same internet line with different IP address.

Spare device started to send VRRP announcements. 

We have rebooted the device, the opened a TAC case. 

We were told that the OOB logs have to be collected from the Local Status Page before rebooting the device, otherwise they can't find what was the problem. 

What I am not sure, if the status page was accessible at the moment of restart - I believe it wasn't, but can't confirm as we had no access to the device in that period.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels