Default behaviour when Local ID is not specified in a Non Meraki VPN configuration

ksridhar
Here to help

Default behaviour when Local ID is not specified in a Non Meraki VPN configuration

Hi,

Can someone help me understand what would the default/implicit behaviour be when Local ID is not specified when configuring a Non Meraki VPN peer? As I understand when using the V1 APIs there is currently no support to provide the Local ID configuration. So in this case how is the identification of individual VPN links be done? I did read in some online resources that other Cisco appliances were capable of using local IPv4 addresses of the interface if Local IDs are not specified. Is this true with the Meraki SD-WAN appliance too? If so is the IP address used the public IP or the private IP address of the WAN port? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

I would expect it to be the IP address directly configured on the WAN port that is being used to build the VPN.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels