Data center Fail over

lsantiago
Here to help

Data center Fail over

In having a hard time finding the right solution in this scenario. I want to be able to failover Site 2 and be able to keep all my services like adfs running. Meraki.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
NSGuru
Getting noticed

Can you explain a bit further? 

If I am understanding your right you have 2 remote sites and 2 Main sites.

You want to have it setup so that if Site 1 goes down the remote sites will all begin pointing to site 2 for all adfs? and what part of site 1 goes down all of it or just internet? 

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! 🙂
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Agreed some additional details would be useful.  What scenario are you wanting to protect against?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the 20G link a layer 2 link trunking all the VLANs, or is it a routed link between the sites?

Do the MX84's exist at the moment, and do the VLANs hang off them - or is this what you are proposing - or do the VLANs hang off the switches?

Currently i have Asa's in both sites configured as gateways for the core's. 

The two sites are 3 miles apart and we have the both Cisco cores connected trough our own 20G fiber 

Site 1 is our primary DC with all the nat's for ADFS, VPN, outlook etc ..

I want to use Site 2 as our Failover DC,  in case of a failure where ISP goes down at site 1, FW or the whole site goes down i want to be able to stand Site 2  with no interruption on services like ADFS.

I am not sure how meraki handles VIP or IBGP

So if you have a failover do you manually update the external DNS for people to get to the servers?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels