Dashboard UI Client VPN Improvements

Meraki-MX
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Dashboard UI Client VPN Improvements

Hello All,

Due to current events, we are aware that many of our customers adopted a WFH policy. We proactively reached out to our customers to investigate what Dashboard improvements we can implement to assist our customers during this difficult time. Based on our customers’ feedback and review of our support cases, we discovered that we can address many of these concerns with additions to our existing Dashboard UI pertaining Client VPN.

In summary, the new Dashboard UI additions are:

• Client VPN Parameter Descriptions
  • Filtering of Client VPN Devices
  • FAQ Page Addressing Common Client VPN Issues

On our current Client VPN page, you will now see descriptions of each Client VPN parameter. This page also includes helpful links to our KB for a more comprehensive configuration guide.Client VPN.png

As Client VPN usage increases, we found it beneficial to be able to filter for active Client VPN connections. We can now achieve this on the Network-wide > Clients page by selecting both the Online and Client VPN filter boxes.

Client Details.png

Lastly, we added a FAQ tab within the Client VPN page. Here, you will find answers to the most common questions regarding Client VPN.

FAQ2.png

If further assistance is required, please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 Support. Our Support contact information can be found by navigating to the top right hand corner of Dashboard. Click on Help > Get Help > Still need help > either Submit an email case or Call the Meraki Support team

We understand that this is a difficult time for all of us. We’re here to help smooth the transition of our customers as we adopt the WFH policy. Please feel free to provide any feedback in the comments. We will actively review your suggestions to see where we can improve to make your user experience better.

As a reference, below lists our current Client VPN KBs:

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well done Meraki. Do you mind if we share this via our social media channels to inform others?
Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hello UCcert,

Please feel free to share this community post wherever you feel may help others.

Thank you.

Frankthetank
Here to help

Great job and kudos to the Meraki team for actively looking for suggestions from the users of your equipment, and great job implementing these changes so quickly. There is one other feature I would love to see added to the dashboard in regards to the client VPN, that being client VPN reporting, it would be really nice to see who was connected, when they were connected, and for how long in a nice user friendly screen without having to dig through the logs. I feel like that would be a much appreciated feature by not only myself but the entire community. 

Frank Kelly

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into these suggestions. Once we have any updates, we will follow up within the Community.

Thank you.

zoomzale
Here to help

Thank you, Meraki Team!  This is incredibly helpful!

WWWolf
Here to help

Great job in implementing these features.

I would also like to request the ability of detecting failed attempts to access the client VPN.  With the added focus on VPN traffic, it would be really nice to know if someone from <INSERT_FOREIGN_COUNTRY_HERE> is attempting to access our VPN every few hours.  Of course, logging/alerting on failed attempts also helps us detect and better help end users who are legitimately having problems.

Alternatively (or additionally) if we could actually search (not just filter) the event logs, manually detecting such attempts would be a LOT easier.

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

I would still love to be able to assign policies to a user, specifically a VPN user as opposed to a device which you cant do until they have connected once and if they connect from different devices you have to make sure you catch the login to assign the policy.

2nd request:

To be able to import users for Meraki authentication.

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
QLSteve
Getting noticed

Thank you Meraki! Great to be able to filter so quick for who is online.

Kasper
Here to help

incredibly useful! thank you so much for making administration easier and adding the Client VPN to the bandwidth graph!

ZOOR
Here to help

Great update, thank you.
ZOOR
Here to help

It would be great if you could include the Client OS configuration link directly on the VPN page as well as in the email that is sent to users with their login info.

RJordan-CCS
Getting noticed

The client filtering on VPN is very helpful.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels