Create DHCP Pool on a Local Lan configuration on Meraki MX

SOLVED
Karlo_nico23
Here to help

Create DHCP Pool on a Local Lan configuration on Meraki MX

Hello Team,

I'm wondering if how can I create a DHCP Pool on a Local Lan Subnet (192.168.0.0/16.)

I want to create a DHCP Pool for 192.168.10.0/24 subnet and 192.168.20.0/24 subnet.

I know it cat be achieved using VLANs but their current setup is their using the whole 192.168.0.0/16.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you just need a bigger DHCP scope why not use 192.168.10.0/23?  Very simple then.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

You should still be fine to create the VLANs as long as DHCP isn't running for the whole 192.168.0.0/16 subnet. 

Enthusiast

Hello ,

I am avoiding to use  VLAN as they do not want to put up a Segmentation and do not want to have any changes on their core switch.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you just need a bigger DHCP scope why not use 192.168.10.0/23?  Very simple then.

Hello sir, what i need to to is to create a dhcp pool without creating vlans which is not possible in MX. I think i will be advising them to use VLANs as it is the best practice.

I just wanted to add. If you're setting all MX ports to access mode on a specific VLAN, nobody knows you're using VLANs. The VLAN ids will never exit the MX when configured like that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels