Couple of users are keep getting disconnected from client VPN after upgrading to MX 16.14

jay_b
Getting noticed

Couple of users are keep getting disconnected from client VPN after upgrading to MX 16.14

We have couple of users who is keep disconnecting after an hour or may be 2 times in hour. Random times. I took PCAP and I see informational packets but nothing more. User disconnected at 13:15:05.

jay_b_0-1640210445789.png

Can someone help me to troubleshoot this pcap ? TIA

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@jay_b if you can I'd upgrade to 16.15 as that is the current stable release candidate

jay_b
Getting noticed

@cmr  For 16.15 we are not too sure yet. I can see this thread talking about it is not stable :

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX250-upgrading-to-MX-16-15-There-is-an-increased-ri...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this a warm spare configuration?  If so, I'd had issues with the MX's crashing, which drops all the client VPN connections.

@PhilipDAth  MX is defiantly not crashing. All  users are staying up except 2 users. Those 2 users are having constant but random timing disconnects. 

I was in impression on 15.44 is having issue with warm spare. Is it carrying over with 16.14 too ?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure that the warm spare crashing issue is resolved in 16.14.

If only two users are affected - it is almost certainly an issue with the CPE that they are connecting through from home.  I'd start by upgrading those CPE.  If the CPE has been running for a while you could also try asking the users to give them a power cycle.

ComtechSystems
New here

I'm getting the same problem too. It started the night I upgraded to 16.

I was able to trace it to a file size issue. After connecting to VPN, I use robocopy to create an offsite backup. When it gets to a 4GB file, it disconnects halfway through.

After reconnecting to VPN and rerunning script, it will complete, but it means I have to do it manually now. @Meraki any ideas??

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels