Configuring client Alerts when network is bound to a template

SOLVED
floridanativ
Here to help

Configuring client Alerts when network is bound to a template

I have 25 networks bound to a template and a couple that are not.  In the networks that are not bound to a temple I can configure alerts for clients to be notified if they connect or disconnect from the LAN and add the specific clients I want to track. 

floridanativ_0-1588191728052.png

I don't see this alert configuration option for my template, nor do I see alerts availble to be configured at the location networks that are bound to the template.  Is there some other way to set up client alerts when using a template?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's an interesting observation that just that alert is missing from templates.  I'm guessing it has something to do with applying an alert to all sites for something that mostly happens at a single site.

I'm not aware of any other way of setting up a client alert when using a template.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's an interesting observation that just that alert is missing from templates.  I'm guessing it has something to do with applying an alert to all sites for something that mostly happens at a single site.

I'm not aware of any other way of setting up a client alert when using a template.

@PhilipDAth when I noticed it wasn't available at the template I had the same thought, figuring that I would just add that alert at the local network.  Even though the IP address of the devices I want to monitor are static and the same accross all networks I thought that it would be added at the single site.  Alerts aren't even avilable on the sites bound to the template.  I guess I'll make a wish and fingure something else out. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels