Cloud on-ramp with cloudflare

TheoOostveen
Just browsing

Cloud on-ramp with cloudflare

Anyone has any information regarding connecting cloudflare magic wan with a meraki mx device.

i see the cloud onramp connection with umbrella but nothing regarding cloudflare

this should be supported as far as i know

txs

Theo

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this solution.

https://n8n.io/integrations/cisco-meraki/and/cloudflare/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

thx alemabrahao, 

i took a look at this but am not quite sure this is what i am looking for. I need to connect the cloudflare gateway to the meraki MX device and would like to use sdwan for redirection of specific traffic.

i would appriciate if you have any pointers.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll find it MUCH easier if you use Umbrella.  Both are Cisco products and have native integrations.

thx for the reply, umbrella is a possibility but i would like te keep the option open for other on-ramp solutions, and cloudflare is one of the more comprehensive solutions i can also use in other areas.

and cisco is supporting this on ios xe and meraki solutions but i am missing documentation on this.

Did you figure this out? I am looking at Magic WAN right now for our network and trying to figure out how to fit it in. We looked at Umbrella, but between the license upgrade costs and costs for Umbrella, Magic WAN is much cheaper.

Nope, the solution presented here from n8n looks useful but i decided to look at other solutions with another firewall using sdwan for routing.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Correct, you'd have to use MagicWAN on Cloudflare to be able to connect your MX devices via IPSec.

On the Meraki side of things, this would be handled as Third Party VPN which has quite a lot of pitfalls (currently). So usability / performance wouldn't be the same as using the Umbrella-based solution which is native to the platform.

Apart from that, one could argue which Platform (Cloudflare or Cisco) has better security measures to protect your users and infrastructure. 🙂

Thanks for the information. It would be an easier decision if we didn't have the Enterprise license on our MXs. The uncharge to get to Advanced across my 680 stores is a painful cost and then adding in the cost for Umbrella increases the pain a bit more. Cisco isn't doing me any favors in this regard so that's why I'm looking at alternatives to not have to backhaul all of my internet traffic to be filtered. Also we already use Cloudflare Access, so it's conceivable we could remove the auto vpn completely and just magic wan for everything.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels