Client VPN not connecting

StarZen
Here to help

Client VPN not connecting

I am having an issue with connecting to a client VPN. 

the machine is win 10 but i also tried to connect from a chromebook. Both can connect to other client vpns i have set up just fine

the client vpn is on a connection to comcast. not using comcasts hardware but a motorola SB6183.

meraki connects directly to motorola modem

as far as i can tell no VPN connection logs in the meraki. the VPN connection just times out

any ideas what to look for?

thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is comcast running nat?

If so, do the forward the vpn to to the meraki mx ip?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Guided_Client_VPN_Troubleshooting#Upstream_NAT.2Ffire...

StarZen
Here to help

no NAT involved. motorola cable modem (no router) directly connected to cable internet. MX connected directly to cable modem

StarZen
Here to help

i should probably mention the site i am trying to get the client VPN up and running is also a spoke to a site to site VPN

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if it's applicable to Comcast, but check your ISP doesn't do Carrier Grade NAT (CG-NAT). That will prevent you from initiating inbound connections.

If you're manual port forwarding for your site-to-site, double check there's no port overlaps.
Site-to-site and Client VPN Port Overlap with Manual port Forwarding rules - Cisco Meraki

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels