Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client VPN and Azure AD

SOLVED
Aiv
Just browsing

Client VPN and Azure AD

Hi All 

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with since I cant find the answer. 

I have a MX84 that has Client VPN enabled. For VPN authentication we use Meraki Cloud which is fine. But now I got a request asking to be able to use same login credential as we use for Azure AD ( office 365).

Is there any way to set this up without having to use RADIUS server?  I know there is possibility to use SAML set up to acces the dashboard and assign roles. Would it be possible to use something like that for Client VPN authentication? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal

Re: Client VPN and Azure AD

I want to tell you the answer is "no".

However if you enjoy a lot of grief it should be possible using a RADIUS proxy solution.  I think Jump Cloud is quite well known in this space:

https://jumpcloud.com/

But if it was me I would tell the person making the request "no".  But that's me.  I don't like lots of complexity and grief.

4 REPLIES 4
A model citizen

So to confirm, your only source of AD is Azure AD? You do not have an on-premises AD that syncs to Azure?

Aiv
Just browsing

Yes that is 100% correct.

Kind of a big deal

I want to tell you the answer is "no".

However if you enjoy a lot of grief it should be possible using a RADIUS proxy solution.  I think Jump Cloud is quite well known in this space:

https://jumpcloud.com/

But if it was me I would tell the person making the request "no".  But that's me.  I don't like lots of complexity and grief.

Aiv
Just browsing

Hi Philip,

Oow wel, it's what I had expected I just could not find a clear answer if it was Yes or No. 

Normally I do like a good challenge but for the few managers that need this I don't se a point in doing it. 

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.