Client VPN - Unable to access network drives

sjames
Comes here often

Client VPN - Unable to access network drives

Had my Client VPN working just fine. I was able to access network drives using the IP address after inputting my network credentials.

Now as of a couple of days ago, the Client VPN connects just fine. I can ping my file server and receive replies from the file server.

When I try to access my network drives using the IP address, I put in my network credentials but then it gives me an error message that my password is incorrect. 

no changes in Active Directory.  Any thoughts as to where to begin? 

Surely I am not the first one to experience this.

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The "password is incorrect" is fairly explicit.

Any chance you have caps lock or num lock on?  If you type your username/password into notepad do they display correctly?

Any chance someone has changed your password?  Any chance your password has expired?

That is what I thought too. but I am still able to use that same password to get into other servers, etc. on the network

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try using my client VPN wizard to set up a new client VPN connection on your machine (keep your existing one).  Perhaps something has gone wrong with the VPN client setup itself.

ps. You should be able to access your AD member servers by name using this approach as well.

Joseph707
New here

Dear SJames

Couple of things

1. Ensure your DNS is working fine.

2. On the Client VPN see if the DNS is that of your local or Google/Cisco DNS

3. Try to put manual DNS on your TCP Adapter and check this.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Jo

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels