Client VPN Session Termination

MikeBraun
Conversationalist

Client VPN Session Termination

In looking through the options available for managing the client VPN sessions, there does not appear to be an option to terminate an individual session, or any/all sessions for that matter.  I am moving away from using the Meraki Cloud Authentication to using Active Directory Authentication.  When I make that change, all active sessions remain active until the client disconnects.  So, without any timeout available for those sessions, or any way to kill an individual session, those clients could remain up indefinitely.  My only options are to apply a security policy denying all access from a client VPN session that I no longer want active, or for me to reboot the MX appliance.  That is a rather draconian step I would rather not take.  I also tried to disable client VPN on the MX, thereby killing all active sessions.  However, when I tried that, all sessions that were active remained up and operational even though client VPN was disabled on the MX.

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Everything you say is correct.

It might be nice to have an option like for splash WiFi where you can "de-authorize" a user, which cuts them off till they authenticate again.

mahrsmusic
Conversationalist

An automated time-out would best.

DAVID J MEYERS
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels