Client VPN Not Working after Windows Server 2022 Update

Eclipse
Here to help

Client VPN Not Working after Windows Server 2022 Update

All users are getting unable to use client VPN after upgrading my DC to Server 2022. 

The client side error is: "The remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server."

I also get a WMI error on the Active Directory authentication screen when I'm adding my new domain server.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'll assume you're using L2TP, have you tested it with anyconnect?

Did you validate the operation before updating?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Look at this:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX-AD-integration-broke-after-Windows-updates/m-p/13...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

alemabrahao_0-1667697700735.png

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version of windows server were you running before and what version have you upgraded to?

Also, what version of MX firmware?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels