Client VPN Authentication; Moving from Cloud Auth to AD

JoeMama
Conversationalist

Client VPN Authentication; Moving from Cloud Auth to AD

Hey all,

Our company currently uses Meraki Cloud Authentication for Client VPN access at this time.  I'd say we have around 70 users created with it.  We would love to move over to authenticating via Active Directory.

Can I utilize both Meraki Cloud Authentication AND Active Directory at the same time for Client VPN?  Or does it have to be one or the other?  I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the Client VPN documentation.  I know other brands usually allow this, but wanted to double check.

Plan is to use AD to make things easy for our domain users and then continue using Meraki Cloud Auth for our external users.  Thanks for any help.  Figure this is a pretty easy question.

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Can I utilize both Meraki Cloud Authentication AND Active Directory at the same time for Client VPN?  Or does it have to be one or the other?

It has to be one or the other.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Hope they support multiple authentication methods one day.  It's a nice feature on WatchGuard firewalls.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels