Client VPN - Android version 12 - no L2TP/IPSEC PSK

SOLVED
cavementech
Here to help

Client VPN - Android version 12 - no L2TP/IPSEC PSK

As new cellphones come out, their software and security change with it.

I recently was assigned a Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra. When adding VPN to this device to connect to our Client VPN, there is no longer L2TP/IPSEC PSK to select from in the list.

The list has:

IKEv2/IPSec MSCHAPv2

IKEv2/IPSec PSK

IKEv2/IPSec RSA

Is there a solution to add Client VPN to this cellphone using the protocols above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We have a MX250, however in reading other topics on this site, i understand you have to purchase a license for AnyConnect. Is that true?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, Does your MX support AnyConnect?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We have a MX250, however in reading other topics on this site, i understand you have to purchase a license for AnyConnect. Is that true?

Very much true indeed. But worth every penny in contrast to using the native VPN solutions.

Gio-ant
Conversationalist

Definitely a problematic choice, anyConnect is a propreiary product and not very compatible. A bad choice in the long run. Especially if cisco abandons support.

OS-Cubed
Here to help

THis is BS.  People bought Meraki's specifically because of the built in NO LICENSE NEEDED VPN capability.  It's basically criminal that it doesn't support a common secure protocol that IS supported such as MSCHAPV2 or a certificate based vpn for it's users. This is Cisco basically trying to make more money off the Meraki installed base by not activating a capability they could easily add to the hardware through a software update.   That addition would enable all sorts of capabilities but because it's Cisco they'd rather you spent $/year/user to buy a client you don't need.

OS-Cubed
Here to help

And calling this "solved" when in fact the Meraki is still broken is also not really very accurate. Basically:

Cisco Meraki used to work with Android (and pretty much every device).

Cisco Meraki no longer works for all those devices

Cisco isn't bothering to fix this issue

I still rue the day that Meraki sold out to Cisco. - they've been the ugly stepchild ever since.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels