Client URL List and Block Internet

Hussain
New here

Client URL List and Block Internet

Hi everyone,

I am new baby in cisco meraki and like to know few below point

1) How can I check the list of website visited by the client PC

2) Need to give access to the LAN and block the WAN (Internet)

I am expecting your advice and support.

Thank you

3 Replies 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

You'll have limited ability to see this information, but this is what your looking for I believe:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Hostname_Visibility

As for access to LAN and blocking WAN, is this for a single client? Or an entire subnet? All clients?

You can use Group Policies to lock down what clients can access (or not), or you can simply use VLAN Pruning on the TRUNK uplink, so say on a switch you have VLAN 500 created only on the switch, and you don't allow that through the trunk uplink to your MX for example. That would give you layer 2 for devices on VLAN 500 (basically just local switching like any other switch).
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Really thank you very much for your information.

Your message is very useful to me and I did some changes in setup and waiting for the record to get the update.

VLAN Pruning is new to me.

If you can explain a little bit in detail with example if possible I would be very grateful to you.

I will also try to gather some more information about this.

Thank you

Thank you

Basically you choose which VLAN's are 'allowed' across the trunk. Make both sides of the trunk match the allowed vlan settings.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels