Cisco Phone is no registering to the Call Manager

soypablocr
Comes here often

Cisco Phone is no registering to the Call Manager

I configured an MX64 with a site-to-site VPN connection. I'm able to ping my call manager from the MX but the Cisco Phone that I'm trying to setup is not registering to the Call Manager (Cisco Phone Model 8865)

I also check the DHCP configuration and it looks good.

The weirdest thing is that I have another Network with  the same model of MX and same site-to-site VPN connectivity and same Call Manager but different model of phone  (Cisco 8945) and is working fine.

Both Networks and phones are located in Israel

What other thing can I check?

9 REPLIES 9
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

You might need to setup DHCP Relay for the phone if you can ping but its still not reaching out.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/VoIP_on_Cisco_Mer...
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I can ping the phone and the phone is getting its IP address thru DHCP. But the phone is not registering to the Call Manager

Where do you have DHCP setup? On the MX?

If so, can you provide a screenshot of how you have it configured please
TwitterLinkedIn

Yes. I lives in the MX

Here is the configCapture.JPG

It looks like you need to change the TYPE from TEXT to IP for the CUSTOM option 150
TwitterLinkedIn

Also the TFTP server name is hard-coding it to TEXT, but your supplying an IP. Not 100% certain, but that might be an issue, perhaps if you could provide the hostname instead. If not, try Custom for that as well and change TEXT to IP
TwitterLinkedIn

Chande made. still  not working

I'm not certain if the effect is immediate or not. Can you try rebooting a phone to make it go through the registration process again etc.
TwitterLinkedIn
Neil_S
Conversationalist

Did you get this working? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels