Cisco Meraki Windows Radius requirements.

Lessandro
Comes here often

Cisco Meraki Windows Radius requirements.

Hi all, 

I got the scope to setup our wifi authentication via Windows Radius.

I’m going to setup a Windows EC2 on AWS and use the public IP Address to setup the wifi authentication on Meraki.

The connection between the Meraki device and the EC2 won’t be encrypted, therefore I was studying some way to make it safer, like the Meraki VPN to AWS where it won’t work for this specific scenario. Am I right or I’m missing something?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Let me get this straight, you don't want communication with Radius to be via public IP correct? In this case, do you intend to close a VPN between a Meraki MX and AWS and communicate via VPN tunnel correct? If so, it is possible to do it that way.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

ok - thanks.

Is there any official documentation explaining how to do this specifically for Radius? I'm following this one, https://ritcsec.wordpress.com/2018/08/12/a-visual-guide-to-setting-up-a-meraki-to-aws-site-to-site-v... but no luck yet.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You're probably best of with using a vMX in AWS that will natively be part of an AutoVPN setup. All RADIUS requests will then be transported over that encrypted connection.

Thank you, I'll take a look.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels