Cisco Meraki MX67 Routers Connected to which ISP/s

ISU
Conversationalist

Cisco Meraki MX67 Routers Connected to which ISP/s

Hi Meraki Community Team,

This is my very first topic. I'm pretty much new to the Meraki thing.

I will go through my scenario first.

I have a remote location with a Cisco Meraki MX67 device. There are two ISP connections terminated at that location. But I don't know which ISP is connected to the Meraki.

The branch used a different router with a different ISP or the same ISP before implementing the Meraki.

And also, I don't have visibility of which ISP's telephone is currently working with the branch, because in this country we can use the same telephone number for any ISP. So, I can't find which ISP's telephone connection is being used at the branch.

So, I want to find out which ISP connection I am currently using with my Cisco Meraki for both internet and telephone connections.

Can I find those details by checking the CDB neighbors, connected devices, or public IPs?

If yes, please let me know how to check it.

Please explain this to me, considering I'm a newcomer to this technology.

Thanks,

ISU

7 Replies 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You likely got a contract mentioning which IPs are assigned to you by which ISP. In the Appliance Status page you see which public IP you have on which WAN port and that should tell you which ISP it is.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

From a device connected to the MX go to the website https://www.whatismyip.com/ and it should tell you the public IP address you are using, the approximate location and the ISP.  If you only get an IP then try looking it up on Google by typing 'Who owns IP address n.n.n.n?'

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This still needs to be correlated to WAN1 vs. WAN2. Taking the IPs from the Appliance-Page is much easier IMHO.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think both ISPs are connected, so the site suggested gets you straight to the answer.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you could be right.

kchand
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Currently, there is no way to identify which ISP is plugged into the WAN ports of the MX appliance. As mentioned by @cmr, you can grab the pubic IPs from the Appliance status page --> Uplink tab and get the necessary information by navigating to https://www.whatismyip.com/

Although the feature is not available currently, we encourage you to use the Meraki dashboard to "Give your feedback" and submit a feature request. You can submit a feature request at the bottom of any dashboard page. Any wish that is made sends an email to our Product Managers and Development Teams. These wishes are taken into consideration and are used to help shape our product roadmaps. The most wished-for items are incorporated into product development. 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
ISU
Conversationalist

Dear All,

Thank you very much all for your quick response about my long question. It is wonderful to have this kind of personnel around us to get more knowledge.

I will try all the possibilities with my devices and let you know my findings.

Thank you again.

ISU

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels