Cisco AnyConnect Updates on the Meraki MX Security Appliances

rhamersley
Getting noticed

Cisco AnyConnect Updates on the Meraki MX Security Appliances

Does anyone know if Meraki has the capabilities to update the Cisco Secure Client version to the version that is in the Meraki Dashboard?   I know Cisco Firepower ASA's have this capabilities and does anyone know if the Meraki MX appliances will check the client version and update the client version if its not the version on the dashboard....?

If I enable the "Profile Update" will this update the Cisco Secure Client version???

rhamersley_1-1718735155990.png

4 Replies 4
rhamersley
Getting noticed

Or is this option referring to the XML Profile update??

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to update you need to download it directly from the Cisco website.

The profile update has another function.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Cisco are currently in the process to releasing a new Cisco Secure Client management platform.  It is not expected to go live till 1st August 2024.  They are not allowing users to sign up to the existing management platform during the change over.  So if you can wait ...

It is available at:

https://security.cisco.com/ 

It lets you push out Cisco Secure Client versions and profiles.  You can also say use the "recommended" software version, and clients will get automatically updated to the Cisco "recommended" release whenever it changes.  Unlike the ASA, you can push the updates even when clients are not connected via VPN.

It lets you have multiple profiles and you can move users centrally between them from the portal.  For example, you can create a "Pilot" profile to test new settings, move some pilot users to it, test it, then make the changes to the "Production" profile, and then move all users to that.

I use this with all of my larger clients.  Meraki, ASA, Firepower, everything.

A couple of screenshots of the current system:

PhilipDAth_0-1718752954619.png

PhilipDAth_1-1718752978612.png

Philip!....I want to say thank you so much for the information you provide to the Meraki Community.   You truly provide a service and knowledge that is used in our infrastructure.    THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE!!!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels