Cellular WAN

TBisel
Getting noticed

Cellular WAN

So we have a handful of sites that rely on Verizon USB failover. The new models they are selling are horrible and after firmware updates the old ones are now less reliable than they have been. Want to find something that will give me an ethernet handoff instead of a USB one. Im in the energy industry so anything huawei is out. Anyone have any other recommendation?

8 REPLIES 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki now sell cellular to ethernet bridges that can be used on a WAN port, see the link below:

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/wireless-wan/

Hopefully this might fit the bill for your requirement.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

TBisel
Getting noticed

Yea that thing is way to expensive for what it is and than pairing it with the licensing it seems ridiculous. Unless there is something major I am missing.

The HTC 5G Hub is getting good reports and reviews. Our 5G LTE provider supplies them to customers.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Dennis_S
Here to help

I use the Cradlepoint devices with a parsec antenna.   I’ve had great experiences with this setup.  I’m in the oil field also, Permian, eagle ford, Rockies, etc...    some of the cp reps will provide POC gear do you you don’t buy an unknown.    

good luck. 

You have a model number for one you have good experience with? Most of these places we have these installed at cant get internet or cable so getting 5G there is going to be pretty far off. But the option to have an additional antenna is appealing.

Am I the only one wishing for a Starlink waiting list?

Many organisations using IoT devices and looking for ways to relay telemetry are considering private LTE options. This might be an option for some of those organisations in the Energy Sector🤠

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm desperately waiting for starlink, mostly so I can build better sdwan deployments into places like India which has poor infrastructure. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels