Can you tell content filtering to ignore users?

kimsabbott
New here

Can you tell content filtering to ignore users?

I've read a few other posts relating to woes with content filtering, but I had a question I was hoping someone else might be able to help me with. 

We've been having a big issue because our filtering is essentially not working most of the time due to Meraki using the account Administrator to authenticate. The account is touching the PCs due to the Labtech/Connectwise Automate management software we are running. I know Sonicwall is able to ignore certain users with regards to content filtering by treating them as service accounts. Is there any possible way for Meraki to do something similar? 

6 REPLIES 6
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

You can whitelist users and also assign a group policy to users that ignores content filtering.  Is that what you mean?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

As long as "ignoring" the content filtering doesn't just give them full access. If it will just mean "don't look at this account for authentication" that would be perfect.

(Just realized how ignore could possibly be vague..)

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Sorry, I may not understand completely.  What do you mean by, "..Meraki using the account Administrator to authenticate."?  Are you talking about the Systems Manager client on workstations?

I know, this is clear as mud. 

This is the client list that shows Administrator as the user that Meraki is using to assign content filtering. That is not the person actively logged in, but Meraki is pulling it from the event log due to a script running that has to have Admin authority to run. 

labtech2.png

These clients are authenticating with the actively signed in user. We need Meraki to ignore the Administrator account when it sees it so that it does not use it to authenticate for content filtering. That way it will only use the active user. (Hopefully that makes some sort of sense...)

labtech3.png

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Now I get it ;). I guess you want to try to get this Administrator account to always use a group policy that ignores content filtering then.  

I am not really sure, but I'll bet support could help or maybe this does? https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Integrating_Active_Directory_w...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are not going to get this working using this method.

Your only choice will be to manually apply the group policies through the Dashboard.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels