Can't login to MX locally

Solved
dciferit
Conversationalist

Can't login to MX locally

When I attempt to access the configure or ethernet tab by connecting to the MX locally it throws an error saying incorrect password, you've entered incorrect login credentials... the only thing is I never entered anything. It never gives me the option to sign in. I've tried multiple browsers, I've tried connecting to the device directly, I've tried rebooting, I've tried setting a new password in the dashboard, but nothing gives. Anyone have an idea?

1 Accepted Solution
dciferit
Conversationalist

Resolved. I didn't try enough browsers and I'm not sure exactly what the cause of the problem is. Firefox worked. Was able to login from phone browser in Chrome as well, but unable to on my computer from Opera, Chrome, or Edge. Big waste of time, thanks Meraki.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try putting the serial number on username and leave the password blank.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

What I am saying is I don't get the option to enter anything. No box pops up or login screen. It'll connect to the connection tab, but when I switch to the configure or ethernet tabs, it immediately throws error with no recourse to enter password or username

Have you tried performing a factory reset?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

No but I was trying to put that as last ditch effort. Looks like it may be my only option

dciferit
Conversationalist

Resolved. I didn't try enough browsers and I'm not sure exactly what the cause of the problem is. Firefox worked. Was able to login from phone browser in Chrome as well, but unable to on my computer from Opera, Chrome, or Edge. Big waste of time, thanks Meraki.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels