CWDM Meraki MX

TheAlchemist
Getting noticed

CWDM Meraki MX

Does Meraki MX appliances support CWDM fiber SFPs using wavelengths 1470-1610 nm.

12 REPLIES 12
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thanks for the info. Does not show any CWDM transceivers info.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No.

Oh ok, so a CWDM SFP will not work with Meraki. Are you sure from any use case before or is it based on any internal information.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd guess that the 1GbE Cisco transceiver might work as the Meraki device can sync at that rate.  You'd be on your own though if it plays up..!

Sorry did not mention before, but looking for a 10Gbps connection.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does CWDM even go that fast?  I thought it topped out at about 2Gbps?

It does actually, there are 10Gbps CWDM SFPs by Cisco. Its just Meraki has no mention of CWDM.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/datasheet-c...

I don't know weather a third party CWDM SFP+ would work - but I know Meraki doesn't have them and they are not supported.

TheAlchemist
Getting noticed

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The LAN profile looks pretty much like standard 10GbE, so it is possible they could work.  Can you get a pair to test with?

Actually need 1xconnection to a WAN port and 1x connection to a LAN port. But, yes better simply test.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels