CISCO Meraki SD-WAN

Vaishkhan
Comes here often

CISCO Meraki SD-WAN

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I am using CISCO Meraki Firewall (SD-WAN), then is it mandatory to use CISCO Meraki switch with firewall or any L3 switch can be used.

any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks & Regards
5 REPLIES 5
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can use any switch. 

Thanks for Reply.

Wouldn't this be a problem because both the CISCO meraki firewall and switch are GUI modes and can be managed via the cloud.
So can we manage via the cloud using any L3 switch.

Thanks & Regards
Nash
Kind of a big deal

There are things w Meraki switches that you may view as advantages, such as having the pretty dashboard to track your clients' traffic from switchport to firewall.

But it's definitely not necessary. I've got clients using Brocade copper, Netgear, Cisco, Cisco Small Business, Trendnet, and at one point Alcatel-Lucent behind MX.

The MX was fine.

Vaishkhan
Comes here often

Thanks for reply.

Wouldn't this be a problem because both the CISCO meraki firewall and switch are GUI modes and can be managed via the cloud.
So can we manage via the cloud using any L3 switch.

Thanks & Regards
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You would manage each device type through its own respective management console. You cannot manage non-Meraki device through the Meraki Dashboard, and you cannot manage a Meraki device through a third party console. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels