Blocking Meraki cloud access

Solved
dhutton
Here to help

Blocking Meraki cloud access

Hello everyone.  

If you add a deny any any to a Meraki access list, does that mean you would need to apply rules to allow connectivity to the Meraki cloud IPs?  Or is it impossible to block cloud access for the MX and the devices that are potentially behind it.

1 Accepted Solution
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Good question.

Here's my guess. The MX won't block its own cloud connection but I'd expect you to block the Meraki cloud connection to downstream switches and APs that way.

Edit: I just tested it and it is indeed like that. When I have the following block rules, the MX is online, the switch behind the MX is offline and the AP connected to the switch is online.

2019-03-08 16_41_55-Greenshot.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Good question.

Here's my guess. The MX won't block its own cloud connection but I'd expect you to block the Meraki cloud connection to downstream switches and APs that way.

Edit: I just tested it and it is indeed like that. When I have the following block rules, the MX is online, the switch behind the MX is offline and the AP connected to the switch is online.

2019-03-08 16_41_55-Greenshot.png

Hi,

Thanks very much for confirming!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels