Behavior of Auto VPN tunnel establishment when using Umbrella SIG Connector (Cloud On-Ramp)

MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

Behavior of Auto VPN tunnel establishment when using Umbrella SIG Connector (Cloud On-Ramp)

I have a question regarding how to establish an Auto VPN tunnel for the Umbrella SIG Connector.
I would like to confirm one thing in the interpretation of the following statement.

Meraki Umbrella SDWAN Connector Deployment Guide - Cisco Meraki
https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Meraki_Umbrella_SDWAN_Connector/Deployment_Guide

> Due to the default Meraki Auto-VPN design, all VPN hubs in an organization will automatically tunnel to all other hubs in an organization. This behaviour changes for the Meraki Umbrella SDWAN Connector solution, when the connector hubs are deployed, all other hubs in the organization will not automatically tunnel to SIG and all hub traffic will not be defaulted to Umbrella. The Meraki Umbrella SDWAN Connector network hubs will not automatically tunnel to other hubs in the organization.

[My understanding]
* Umbrella SIG Connector -- UMbrella SIG Connector: Auto VPN Tunnel is NOT established.
* Umbrella SIG Connector -- Hub (Meraki MX): Auto VPN Tunnel is NOT established. However, Auto VPN tunnels can be established by setting Exit hubs.

I understood the above, but what about the following cases?

Hub (Meraki MX) -- Hub (Meraki MX): Does Auto VPN Tunnel establish or not establish?

I would like to confirm this as it relates to network design.

1 Reply 1
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

I contacted support to confirm the specifications.

Hub (Meraki MX) -- Hub (Meraki MX): Auto VPN Tunnel is NOT established.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels