Balancing LAN traffic by two MX

SOLVED
iJelmit
Comes here often

Balancing LAN traffic by two MX

Hello everyone I hope you can help me with the following question, currently the MX64 and MX65 only have the support of up to 50 devices connected concurrently and sometimes I have had companies where they have only 65 or 80 concurrent devices. The best thing to do would be to migrate to an MX84 but in terms of prices sometimes customers do not want to invest more so my question is to configure two computers in Warm Spare I can balance my traffic so that half of users have output for each of the computers but you can have the same network segment on both computers and perform the balancing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

First note you wouldn't be able to do "warm spare", as you would need both of them to be active.  Next you would need to buy a second licence.  I would probably use VLANs, and split the VLANs (at least two) between them.

I suspect it will rapidly become cheaper to change to an MX84 because of the licencing and on-going support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

First note you wouldn't be able to do "warm spare", as you would need both of them to be active.  Next you would need to buy a second licence.  I would probably use VLANs, and split the VLANs (at least two) between them.

I suspect it will rapidly become cheaper to change to an MX84 because of the licencing and on-going support.

Of course I understand that it would be better to migrate to the mx84 but for pricing reasons the client prefers to take the most economical option and does not allow us to offer a model that supports it but that was my question if it was possible to do this type of configuration. Thank you and Greetings

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels