Backup non meraki site connect with MX84 meraki Site have internet access issue

MX-2020
Comes here often

Backup non meraki site connect with MX84 meraki Site have internet access issue

My Network topology as following:

Meraki MX84 --> Wan 1 ISP

--> Wan 2 Metro E network --> Meraki switch port 23 (Metro E router) --> other Metro E router site to have their internet access and have RDP or SSH remote access.

Lan --> Meraki Switch --> MR33

Tested when Other non-Meraki site when all failover the uplink to Meraki network.

Local Meraki Mx84 is ok with Wan 1 ISP and Wan 2 Metro E internet.

The failover to uplink 2 with internet (Metro E from other Site) also no problem.

It also able to RDP to Meraki site server From Meraki Wan2.

I have an issue with backup/other non meraki site connect to Meraki Wan 2 internet connection.

Other non-meraki Site failover to this site meraki Wan 2 

Ok with ping the MX84 and Meraki switch.

RDP to meraki site server is ok. It only cannot connect the meraki internet with Wan 1

MX84  10.10.80.X

Wan 1 201.3.x.x

Wan 2 10.10.xx

MX 84

other/ non Meraki side: 10.82.x.x

Meraki switch  10.10.80.1

MX84

Add Static route set 10.82.0.0/16 route to 10.10.80.1

Meraki Switch

interface 

ME_VLAN 10.10.99.X/29 10.10.99.X 99 Off

static Route

HTM_Networks 10.82.0.0/16 10.10.99.X No Preferred

Default route 0.0.0.0/0 10.10.80.X No Not preferred

I tried to add the flow traffic on Sd wan shaping as following:

any 10.82.0.0/16 any 8.8.8.8/32 or Wan1 ip any

also do not able to ping 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 from other site, but I still an issue with Metro E non meraki site to Meraki site without Internet.

Do anyone have any recommendation on that?
2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MX-2020 can you please draw a diagram so we can better understand your connectivity?

MX-2020
Comes here often

Network Diagram 

Meraki side and Back up side.png

Meraki side and Back up side (1).png

I think that I'm missing is a failover route at the backup site to redirect Internet traffic to the MX at the MX site or the
configuration between Meraki MX or Meraki Switch.

I just add the 10.82.0.0**/16 route to** 10.10.80.1 on MX. Basically it is Wan 2 through Meraki switch Port 23 to ME router to Backup Link.

Backup side

Now on backup side Switch only default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.82.1.X (to Firewall), both ME router (Metro E) use BVI to connect each other.
We use switch through Metro E Router connect to Meraki Side when I unplug the internet link from backup side firewall.
Then we are not able to ping 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 and do not have internet access from Meraki side, but able to ping or go to Meraki side MX and MX management side, Switch IP and able to RDP to Meraki side server only.

Will that help us to grant internet access (Wan 1), if I set on Flow preferences Internet traffic as Any 10.82.0.0/16 Any 210.x.x.0/29 any Wan 1 ?

I tried to set this setting before. It still not getting internet in backup site from Meraki site. 
I think that I may miss the configuration between Meraki MX or Meraki Switch.
What do you have any suggestion on that?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels