BT Static IP Block

onebill
Comes here often

BT Static IP Block

We've got a bloc of 8 static IPs from our ISP (BT in the UK). Our Meraki MX400 is setup with PPPoE and gets a (dynamic!) address based on a username / password. We want to be able to use our static IPs - to route to other servers behind the MX400. I was under the impression this could be achieved using No-NAT (We have v15.10 on the MX)? Any configuration help appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Fady
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @onebill

You can do double NAT where you configure 1:1 NAT and then use the LAN and WAN IP to be the same. The only thing that you need to confirm with your carrier, if they will route those 8 IP through the PPPoE connection.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I think @Fady pointed out the most likely solution to your problem.  In many cases you can 1:1 NAT.  Go to Security Appliance>Firewall and in the 1:1 NAT section just put the public IP and point it to the LAN IP of the device you want to have that IP and you'll likely be good to go.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
onebill
Comes here often

Thanks for the suggestion of 1:1 NAT. However, it doesn't seem to work. The ISP suggests this can be done one of several ways with third party routers.

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6781/~/managing-your-ip-address-after-an-acc...

I think I should try the static route idea at the end - but again, not to sure how to go about it!

Fady
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Can you take snapshot of the NAT configuration you have applied. Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels