Azure firewall with vmx100

Derekjr
Comes here often

Azure firewall with vmx100

Hello,

We currently have the following setup and are looking into using Azure Firewall.

MX250 STS VPN  that is connected to a  vMX100 in Azure. Can we put an azure firewall in-line with this setup?

Can anyone share their experiences?

Thanks,

Derek

6 REPLIES 6
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Derekjr : The vMX is a virtual MX - Which is an SDWAN and a firewall device. Well you can add azure firewall in-line of course. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MljINqgmDkM  

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

@Inderdeep  So does it make sense to use the MX as a firewall? I am new to Meraki. I was asked to setup an azure firewall but if using the vmx makes more sense I can do that.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

2021-09-08 16_50_27-Firewall Configuration - Meraki Dashboard and 13 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ .png so this is where i would set up the rules?

Derekjr
Comes here often

So will i be able to use it as a firewall if it is any of these modes?

meraki.png

Derekjr
Comes here often

So I think I have wrapped my head around this a bit more.  I have set up Client VPN on the vmx100.  I don't want to set up a split tunnel, so I will add the azure firewall as the next hop so it will route internet traffic and internal traffic.

Does this sound correct? I know the vmx100 does not support full tunnel.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels