Azure SAML and Anyconnect freezing (white screen) after authenticating with MFA

Shafenator
Just browsing

Azure SAML and Anyconnect freezing (white screen) after authenticating with MFA

Just curious if anyone else is reporting this issue. We have had a ticket open with Meraki for over a month and their development team is currently investigating. This issue occurs on multiple versions of anyconnect mobility client and we also tried the secure client with same outcome.

We have about 2 dozen users reporting this issue and it occurs to myself. I can usually recreate the issue if I log off and sign-in consecutively a few times. 

When a user logs in to anyconnect they are presented with the Azure sign-in. The user inputs their username and password and are prompted for MFA. After acknowledging MFA, the screen changes to white and basically freezes until the anyconnect client times out. 

I have a workaround and when you refresh the white screen using F5 and "reconfirm resubmission" it then logs in with no issues. 

When I look at Azure sign-in logs I can see the MFA response and everything appears to be healthy but for some reason Anyconnect is not getting the reply back from Azure until you refresh the page. Anyconnect Frozen Screen.png

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Any firewalls that could be blocking the Azure/Microsoft addresses?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We have MX firewalls but nothing being blocked as far as we can see. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A bug fix for this issue has just come out today.  Time to upgrade your MX.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels