Azure S2s tunnel no traffic

zazk6489
Conversationalist

Azure S2s tunnel no traffic

hello, i was able to create a s2s tunnel with azure using the meraki and azure documentation, the tunnel is online , connection established, but i cannot ping any vm in my azure frontend subnet, or from azure to my on-premise network or even the gateway of my local lan participating in the vpn tunnel,

created a route on my azure , associated the route to my frontend subnet, destination cidr is my local vlan, next hope is azure virtual network gateway, What I am missing? thanks 

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is there any ACL configured on Azure?

Do you have any firewall configured on your servers? 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
zazk6489
Conversationalist

No ACL on Azure, disabled defender firewall on azure VM, 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you jump on a machine in Azure and ping something on-premise and do a packet capture on your MX - do you see the traffic?  If not, something is wrong on the Azure side.  If yes, something is wrong on the on-premise side.

pmhaske
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello!

If you need any assistance with packet captures and verifying tunnel connectivity, I recommend opening a case with Meraki Support so an NSE can also help with the investigation.

zazk6489
Conversationalist

Overlook in configuration, it is easy to miss which vnet to put in private subnet field on Meraki side, it is the fronend subnet where azure resources are 

brave_Orb7EPGtyu.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels