Automated way to enable AMP across many networks???

flytripper
Comes here often

Automated way to enable AMP across many networks???

Looking for an automated way to enable AMP across org with 400 locations "networks".  

Simply just want to enable AMP under Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) section in Security & SD-WAN >Configure > Threat protection and set the Failure Mode to Open.

As a bonus looking for a way to automate updating whitelist URLs / Files if needed in the future.  

Trying to avoid having to click, click, click, check box, apply repeat - 400+times.  

6 REPLIES 6
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal
flytripper
Comes here often

The API will turn AMP on/off but it seems that the API does not support the ability to toggle the FAILURE MODE to OPEN.

Anyone have a way of doing this using automation.  

Untitled 2.png

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Oh, shoot. Sorry about that. I missed that part 😞

I don't see anything in the API that does this. You might be out of luck.

Owen
Getting noticed

This is what templates are made for. Change once per template.

flytripper
Comes here often

Is there a way to create a template the only applies the AMP settings I want and then push that to the networks?  From my understanding of templates, they are really useful for building/copying "net new" sites but I cant find any way to leverage them for ad-hoc mass changes.  Further, the documentation on them seems to indicate that if I apply a template to an existing site - it may wipe away many settings.  Do you have experience with these? 

I have the same q.
Any lurkers ?
My reqt is pretty similar - have built 100+ sites (network envy of >400 😉) individually, but want to edit URL filtering directly, either in one go or probably by using a small number of templates applied in groups, to handle a staged implementation.
Yes, we can use the API, but a GUI method is even more widely available.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels