Anyone issue MX End user information changed to Meraki LLC during advance replacement program.

DextraAsia
Comes here often

Anyone issue MX End user information changed to Meraki LLC during advance replacement program.

Anyone issue with the replacement program effected to the MX84 end user information changed to Meraki LLC in about 2018 ? Ref : https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/clock-signal-component-issue

Last week I had issue with the device broken and need to RMA in Hongkong, however, I found issue that end user information of previously replaced unit was changed to Meraki LLC then effected to the RMA process was longer.

I did check my devices globally and found MX84 were replaced at the same time about 6 devices. I did contact Meraki sales account manager, however, he said difficulty to contact sales in other countries to correct above end user information.  

Currently I'm suffering and stuck in this situation.

Hope that someone ever found issue and guide me what should I do.

9 Replies 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki LLC is not the end user - they supply the equipment.  It doesn't matter what Meraki call themselves locally you can still get an RMA.

Are you saying the end user for where the equipment is installed has changed?

DextraAsia
Comes here often

Hello Philip

The device which requested RMA is in Hongkong 1 unit broken, later we suspect other same issues are in Hongkong, China, UAE and India. 

Below are the Meraki support answer. 

"Looks like the customer number for this device (SN: xx) does not match your account.
Please reach out to your Account manager or Sales Rep. They should be able to sort this out for you."

" This RMA cancelled because the end user information mismatch.
The current end user information of this device (SN: xxx) is belong to Meraki LLC."

Where did you source the devices from originally?

Are they an unpaid trial device, or something like that?

Hello Philip,

Thank you so much for your sharing.

The requested RMA one was purchased in Hongkong (same country with the RMA, we share purchase order document to Meraki support). And we paid Meraki licenses every 3 years. (Licensed).

This issue possible cause during the advance replacement program of the clock component issue without change of the end user information of new device to be same as current end user. I'm not sure the Meraki support processes.  Anyway, support team said I need to contact sale representative of each country to fix above issue. 

You can't purchase an RMA.

Where did you buy the MX from?  Was it from a Cisco Partner?

I mean the device (which requested RMA in Hongkong) was purchased in Hongkong.

For sure, we purchased from hardware & licenses from Cisco Partner and use it since 2016.

The licenses extending until Sep-24.

Integrator Level
Premier Integrator
Partner Specializations
Small and Medium Business Specialization
Collaboration SaaS Specialization
Partner Designations
Cisco Cloud Meraki
Other
Webex Calling Partner

You need to go back to the reseller.  They need to correct the end user documentation that was placed when this order was done.

The best case is they didn't submit the order correctly when it was first done.

I'm hoping they haven't done anything shady.  This is very unusual and a bit suspicious.

Failing that I would engage with your Meraki sales rep and say that you suspect you have been a victim of fraud or grey marketing and you need Cisco's help in escalating this internally for investigation.  If they don't help, reach out to the Cisco Ethics group and notify them you are concerned a Cisco Partner has engaged in fraud or grey marketing when selling you equipment.
https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/about/csr/esg-hub/trust/ethics.html 

Hello Philip 

Thank you so much for your comment.

The devices end user was correct when I purchased it. But it CHANGED DURING RMA OF ADVANCE REPLACEMENT PROCESS!!!.

How do you know the reseller submitted the correct end user details?  How do you know it was correct when originally purchased?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels