Anyconnect custom hostname certificate

TAxinte
Here to help

Anyconnect custom hostname certificate

Hello,

I've recently updated my meraki MX100s just to use AnyConnect.

Everything good so far but I don't really want to use the default DDNS but using my custom domain "vpn.company.com"

I have uploaded the certificate where it says "Certificate Authentication" but nothing changes, I get  "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID". 

I've spent like 4 hours figuring out. A meraki's documentation says to generate a cert from the dashboard (https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/AnyConnect_on_the_MX_Appliance) but I don't have any of that.

Any help? Thank you

10 Replies 10
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are in the wrong place - that is for certificate authentication.

You need to work through the process here:

PhilipDAth_0-1642358711625.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you realise you can use a custom AnyConnect Profile, and the user sees whatever name you want, such as "Company"?  I always use this approach, and the DDNS name (which the user never sees).

I have an online profile tool for doing this.

https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/online-anyconnect-profile-editor.html 

TAxinte
Here to help

Thank you for the reply. I do have a static IP and custom domain to connect to but I get the warning because it points to other certificate (DDNS domain one)

I do not have certificate authentication tab (the Secure connection between MX and AnyConnect clients)

Anyconnect.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to go to the config section I showed in my screenshot on the same page.

I don't have that config on my page, I don't get it

requires MX firmware 16.11+ and enabled by Meraki Support

I am on 16.15 and the option "Full access – Allow Meraki Support access to this organization to troubleshoot issues"

ok it looks like you will need to contact Meraki Support (via email or Phone call) and they will ask for your support code (they can let you know where to get this) and ask them to enable "Custom hostname certificates"

Thanks, I'll try to contact the Support

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels