AnyConnect failed authentication for new connections

GBN
New here

AnyConnect failed authentication for new connections

I'm having an issue with VPN client connection that use AnyConnect software. Every couple of days, new connections are rejected when put user/password and only recharges the authentication pop-up. It's a Meraki MX100 with firmware 17.10.2 with 2 WAN connections; WAN2 it's for VPN with public IP (and also it's the main output) and WAN1 it's with DHCP from the carrier. 

I discover the workaround that if I change Main Output to WAN1 and after a couple of minutes I rollback to WAN2, connections are accepted again. TAC it's already checking this, but has half month in this issue and the operation it's getting affected.

Are anyone with a similar issue?

GBN_0-1668007254761.png

4 Replies 4
Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Try using public IP instead of DNS name.  If you are load balancing your WAN connections then it could result in the DNS translation not working correctly.

I already try using both and it's the same behavior.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Version 17.10.2 is not a stable version. Try with 16.16.6.

I performed tests with 17.10.2 and It has issues about performance.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I was thinking about that, the only issue it's that versions under 17 are vulnerable to the AnyConnect issue that happens two weeks ago.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels