AnyConnect User Certificates on a Mac

JohnT
Getting noticed

AnyConnect User Certificates on a Mac

Hi There, I currently have a working setup wtih AnyConnect and a Windows Certificate Authority and it work great.  However, we have a few MacOs laptops that I'm struggling to figure out how to generate a user certificate request to process on my Windows certificate authority.  The Macs are not domain joined.  is this even possible?  I would be interested to know if someone has this working.

4 Replies 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Asa far as I'm informed, only AD joined devices will be able to automatically reveive and renew certificates. Everything else has to be done manually.

We have such a small amount of Macs that I would be ok with a manual process.  Ideally, the ability to do this from the command line would be optimal.  I'm guessing there must be a way to generate a CSR and have it signed by the Windows CA.

Hey John. Did you ever find a solution for this? We are deploying AnyConnect with the certificate authentication, and we have just a handful of Macs that we would like to utilize this function on as well. 

JohnT
Getting noticed

The only way we could get it to work was to install the Windows Certificate Server web server on our certificate authority.  Each user on a Mac would have to run the certificate wizard in the keychain to create a certificate request and then submit it through the Windows certificate server.   It's not ideal, but it works.

Also, just a heads up that using MacOS certificates and AnyConnect is broken on 17.10.2.  We are working with support and are stuck on 16.16.3 right now.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels