AnyConnect Profile problem

Solved
JR-Q
Here to help

AnyConnect Profile problem

We've been using the AnyConnect client to connect VPN users to our MX84, and it works fine without any issues when just manually copy/pasting the ddns name for the VPN, but we have multiple sites, and are starting to get a few users that connect to multiple sites, so looking to add a profile that will list all of the available servers to connect to.

I used the VPN profile editor to create a profile, added our servers to the server list, and saved the "profile.xml" file to the "C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile" folder on the workstation, but no matter what I do, nothing shows up in the AnyConnect GUI dropdown.   I have rebooted and that didnt help either.

Any ideas?  Most of my searches indicate this happening when the file is not in the correct folder, or a malformed xml file.  I used the VPN editor, so I'm assuming that the XML file is good, but I dont really know how to verify that.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Save in this path: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco Secure Client\VPN\Profile

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The name is case sensitive. Save like this "Profile.xml"

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Save in this path: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco Secure Client\VPN\Profile

That did it - Not sure what happened. Everywhere I searched online had the other path!

Thanks for the help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels