Any Issues from China to Meraki VPN Registry on UDP Port 9350?

GAKK87
Just browsing

Any Issues from China to Meraki VPN Registry on UDP Port 9350?

Hi Folks-

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with Meraki VPN in China talking back to Meraki?

We've done several Meraki deployments in Shanghai and Hong Kong recently and we've noted the connection to the Meraki VPN Registry has had some problems.  Although the vpn tunnels remain up.

We're going to check-in with the ISPs on this as well.

Appreciate any feedback, questions.

Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I've heard no issues with Meraki deployments in China. There's been a few posts on Reddit too which outline that no one has had issues. Here's one for example - https://www.reddit.com/r/meraki/comments/5cy3cf/meraki_in_china/.  I'd get in touch with your ISP regarding drop issues.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Miyo360
Getting noticed

Hi,

We have offices in London, Hong Kong and Shanghai and definitely have issues with our MX64W in Shanghai. 

I see registry issues with the VPN, sometimes it drops the connection, other times it stays up and the registry issue resolves itself. When the VPN drops for more than 5 minutes we usually reboot the appliance, which forces it to use another random port which seems to work.  IIRC this was the advice of the Meraki Support rep. We live with this.

Out SH office is just a room in a managed service building, so we have no control over the internet connection or ISP provided to that office. It's literally just a cable hanging out the wall. I have no idea what upstream devices are being used, how the bandwidth is managed, whether any shaping is going on, etc. I have suspected this setup could be part of the issue, but we don't have another mainland Chinese office to test from.

The VPN between HK and London is rock solid.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels