Allow only Youtube

Imre_K
New here

Allow only Youtube

Hello,

can somebody give me an idea how can i create a Policy Group that allow some clients only to have access to youtube. The hole internet should be blocked.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

There are a couple possible ways to approach this.  Do you have an MX appliance with the Advanced Security license?  If so, you could go to the Content Filtering page, in the "blocked URL patterns" you can put the wildcard character * and then in the "Whitelisted URL patterns" you can put youtube.com and youtu.be for example.  You might find you need to whitelist a couple ancillary domains as well.

It's not quite that simple ... you also need to allow every URL that the web site uses.

1.PNG

Is it possible to do this with any link? I'm a manager of various parties and more serious events. I hired a person who creates playlists for these events. And the essence of his work is to look for music suitable for the level of the event on YouTube. Then he should convert these videos to mp3 format and download them to his computer. But in addition to YouTube, I would like to leave access to the converter. It is an online loader https://coconvert.com/youtube-wav-converter.html. Can I do the same with this web-link? And in the future, I will need this function, so I wanted to find out generally which links this system passes with.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels